This Turmeric milk is not only jammed full in antioxidants, anti inflammatory compounds, healthy fats (especially when using coconut milk), but also manganese and iron (found in turmeric). Its really good for brain function and the cardiovascular system too!
Golden Turmeric Milk Recipe
It’s super tasty, every one will love it and it nearly takes 3-4 minutes to make.
In traditional recipes, which include peppercorns, actually enhances the absorption of curcumin (the main component found in turmeric) in our bodies.
The ingredients in this recipe actually work in a synergistic fashion, which is fascinating!!! It kinda tastes like a healthy hot chocolate. 😉
Golden Turmeric Milk Ingredients:
- 16 fl oz. Plant based milk
- 1 Tbsp dry or fresh turmeric
- 1 Tbsp Maple syrup or favorite sweetener
- Whole Spices: 3 cardamom pod, 3 Anise star, 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp fresh ginger
- Start with a medium size pot on the stove top.
- Add plant based milk and set the temperature to medium heat.
- Add fresh turmeric, maple syrup and give it it a stir.
- Then add all the whole spices and fresh ginger.
- Bring milk to a boil and once it reaches a boil it’s ready.
- Set to the side to let cool for a few minutes and enjoy!
Give this recipe a try, let me know what you thought. And if you tried it out, please tag a picture #hannahthevegan on social media so we can check it out!
Peace & Plants
Hannah the Vegan
COACHING EMAIL: Hkoritz1@gmail.com